You already have a Binance account with some funds, but you just found out about our referral program and would like to participate in it. However, you are not sure what you should do in this case in order to migrate to a new Binance account.
Don’t worry, that’s why we have this step-by-step guide to assist you with the migration.
Step 1. Register a new account.
1. First of all, you need to create a new Binance account using a different email from your old account. Binance would not allow having 2 different users with the same email. And don’t forget to use our referral link or promo code N7HTYTIN in order to get up to a 45% discount for your trading fees forever.
2. Check your mailbox to verify the new registration.
Step 2. Activate 2-factor authentication (optional)
- SMS Authentication
When creating an account, you provide your mobile phone number. Whenever you want to log in, the service sends you an SMS message with a verification code that expires after a certain period of time. You have to input that number in order to log in.
Here you can check the list of supported countries for this type of 2FA.
- Google Authentication
After setting up Google Authentication, you are assigned a backup key (secret key). The App then generates one-time passwords (OTP) at regular intervals, using the secret key as a seed. Those one-time passwords are required to log in.
2FA code error
If you receive a “2FA code error” after you input your Google Authentication code, please follow these instructions:
- Synchronize the time on your mobile phone (to synchronize your Google Authenticator app) and your computer (from which you attempt to log in).
- Browse the Binance Login page (www.binance.com) using incognito mode on the Google Chrome web browser.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Try to log in from our dedicated mobile app.
Step 3. Verify your identity (optional)
Binance does not require identity verification if your trade amount does not exceed 2 BTC a day and if you plan to handle only crypto-to-crypto transactions. On the other hand, if you plan on having any fiat operations or trade more than 2BTC a day, then you will have to verify your identity and address by submitting a government-issued ID.
Step 4. Make internal transfer within Binance
Now you need to transfer all your funds from your old account (user A) to a new one (user B) that has a trading fee discount. The good news is that transactions between two Binance users will be immediately credited, and no transaction fee will be charged.
- Log in to the user’s A account.
- Click on the Wallet menu and select Spot Wallet on the upper right-hand side of the page.
- Click on the Withdraw button on the right banner.
- Select the coin to withdraw or input its full name or abbreviation.
- Input the deposit address of the other Binance user (user B) in the field on the right.
5.Click on the Submit button and you will be guided to pass the Security verification:
- If you have not enabled any security verification, you will be guided to enable it;
- If you have already enabled any security verification, you may click Get code and enter all the required codes.
- For account safety reasons, the Phone verification code and email verification code will be valid only for 30 mins. Please check and enter the relevant codes in time.
- After the withdrawal, you can return to Wallet -> Spot Account and click on the Transaction History to view all the withdrawal transactions.
- Login to User B account. The newly transferred deposit should already hit the wallet. The recipient user may find the record in Transaction History -> Deposit.
As you can see, it is not difficult at all to migrate from one account to another. Especially if this way you can save extra coins every time you trade crypto with Binance.